The Dutchmanâ€™s was started in 1952 by Otto and Thelka Schmid. It was a small bar and dining room located in what is presently the customer parking lot. A model of the old building (originally called Bayshore Bar) is on display in the front dining room. Since 1958 The Dutchman is owned and operated by Robert and Joan Schmid, Robert the son of Otto and Thelka. The infamous storm of March 6 & 7, 1962 took its toll and the present building was built by Robert and Joan and opened in February 1963. As the Dutchmanâ€™s Brauhaus. Since then, several additions have been made. The front dining room was an open porch until 1969. The â€œUpstairsâ€ was also a porch, enclosed in 1976. An expansion to the back section of the kitchen in 1981 and to the upstairs in 1983 enabled us to do private parties, banquets, etc., for up to 125 people.
Categories: Restaurants/Food & Dining, Bars & Grills, Full-Service Restaurants, Bars, Grills & Lounges, Limited-Service Restaurants, Eating Places and Restaurants
Year Started: 1952